Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Saturday 3 August 2013

Review: A Tale of Two Centuries - Rachel Harris

A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #2)
Author: Rachel Harris
Release Date: August 6th 2013
Publisher: Entangled Teen 
Genres: YA, Magical Realism, Romance
Pages: 320
Source: For review


Alessandra D’Angeli is in need of an adventure. Tired of her sixteenth-century life in Italy and homesick for her time-traveling cousin, Cat, who visited her for a magical week and dazzled her with tales of the future, Alessandra is lost. Until the stars hear her plea.

One mystical spell later, Alessandra appears on Cat’s Beverly Hills doorstep five hundred years in the future. Surrounded by confusing gadgets, scary transportation, and scandalous clothing, Less is hesitant to live the life of a twenty-first century teen…until she meets the infuriating—and infuriatingly handsome—surfer Austin Michaels. Austin challenges everything she believes in…and introduces her to a world filled with possibility.

With the clock ticking, Less knows she must live every moment of her modern life while she still can. But how will she return to the drab life of her past when the future is what holds everything she’s come to love?

(First of all, the layout , images and everything in this postthis might be off, I apologize for that as I STILL don't have access to my laptop and have to do this on this bloody phone. Argh.)

As some of you know from last year the first book My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century was on my Top 3 books of 2012 and that I've read it at least three times already. If that doesn't show how much I love it, then I don't know what will! :P So of course I was dying to read this as it's about Cat's awesome cousin Alessandra and a bad boy! I was bound to love this book. And you know what? I did. I DEVOURED THIS BOOK. 

Alessandra is the type of girl I'd be friends with. She's old-fashioned in an adorable way, sweet and I love how she doesn't realise how funny she is! As she's from the past, reading her reactions about this scandalous present was hilarious and just downright entertaining. Also, this has also proved that I do live in the wrong generation. I'm so much like Less! I both love her and Cat's narration that I just don't know which girl I prefer. :) 

As Less is such a sweet and innocent girl, of course she would fall in love with a hot bad boy! Austin is infuriating, cocky and just so sexy I couldn't get enough of him. He's the complete opposite of Less. Another aspect of their relationship that i loved was it grew at a reasonable pace (there's no stupid insta-love here people!) and Austin's challenges for Less was perfect. I love these two so much <3 nbsp="" span="">

Where MSSSC was about a girl from the present who timetravelled to the past, this was about a girl from the past into the present. Both plots are so entertaining, addictive and so so FUN. These are the type of books that I'd pick up if you want something light, funny but with the right amount of depth to it too. I just can't get enough of this series and I thought I couldn't love Rachel Harris more but I was wrong! I heart her even more now for writing Less's story and for creating Austin ;)
















3 comments:

  1. Jana!!!

    *dances* I'm so glad you loved it ;) Thanks for a fabulous review and making me grin like a goon. Love ya, girl <3

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I still need to read this series! Why am I waiting so long?! I love it when a time travel book is done well and I adore Rachel! Must move this series up the list! Great review!

    Vi
    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...