Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Saturday 16 February 2013

Review: The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)Title: The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3)
Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: February 12th, 2013
Publisher:  Penguin UK/Puffin (UK)
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
Pages: 401
Source: For review

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.


Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.
 
I agree this series is still not as AH-MAY-ZING as her Vampire Academy series, but it's getting there slowly and surely. The Indigo Spell is not just the most unputdownable of her Bloodlines series, but it's the most sizzling and the most romantic one so far! If I could describe this book with one word, it would be this - SYDRIAN.

I do like Sydney. You may think, so?? Well, I've read a few reviews that has said they didn't like Sydney because she's so boring and passive and what not. Yes, Sydney is the complete opposite of Rose in every way possible but just 'cause she's not kick-ass doesn't mean she's weak. I actually think she's incredibly strong and even though she's got body issues (who doesn't?) and insecurities I think she's incredibly strong emotionally. Not to mention smart and a total nerd! I honestly do like reading about her, but I do admit I miss Rose.

Just when you think you can't possibly love Adrian even more than you did before, he proves you wrong. Seriously guys, he's soooo...charming and cocky and sweet and just everything that you can possibly want! Oh, can I please be Mrs. Adrian Ivashkov?? Pretty please? K thanks.

OH MY GOSH SYDRIAN. THEIR CHEMISTRY, GUYS. OMFG. There was this particular scene that I was like blushing! Whoa, Sydney! LOL! Their banter is just so fun to read about and I love them more and more each book! (A little spoiler: Sydney gets a hickey. I dunno why but I just find that hilarious!!)

The beginning of this book was pretty slow and that's when I was like 'Oh no, this book won't be as good as the previous ones' but then Richelle Mead totally does something that will leave your mouth hanging open AND then smiling stupidly. I was like WHAT?? For once in her VA/Bloodlines books, I DIDN'T guess who was the villain. And the way it was executed and revealed was pretty damn clever! I think this book is probably her most unpredictable book to date. Ha!

I was kinda hoping to see and interact more with our side characters, Eddie, Jill and Angeline but we didn't really. Yes, they were there, but I kinda wanted a bit more from them. I certainly wasn't as invested in them as I were with the original VA gang. *whispers* I never liked Jill. And Angeline really pissed me off in this book. WTH was that!? Sigh.

We get to see our old VA gang early in this book and let me tell you, I was grinning the whole time! God know how much I miss Rose and Dimitri and Lissa (well, not so much her lol) and Christian! And it was very interesting to see how an 'outsider' like Sydney sees them and such. Hopefully we'll get to see them more in future books. :)

Obviously this had to just end in a cliffhanger! I am anxiously waiting for THE FIERY HEART because that means more Sydrian AND we get to read from Adrian's POV! Woot! I am so excited for it *coughSydriancough* and people who have read this already will know why. ;)
 
 
 

1 comments:

  1. AHH! So happy that you enjoyed this one. Sydrian feels to the max!! And I'm hoping in the next book we get to see more of the side characters, I think it's going to happen since we'll be seeing it in Adrian's POV as well!

    Great review!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...