Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (37)

SWEET PERIL
by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
April 30th, 2013
~ HarperTeen ~

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?
Add to Goodreads
 
Sweet Evil was one of my most favourite and best Nephilim books I've read EVER and it's so unique and different to other 'angel' types out there. Kaidan is one smexy guy who you just can't help but lust after (he's the son of the Duke of Lust, get it?) and Anna is such a likeable heroine! From the very early reviews, I just know this sequel will be phenomenal and I am just so dying for this book!!

And plus, it comes out TEN freaking days after my birthday! Woot! I at least know one book I'll be getting with my birthday book money. And Wendy is one of the sweetest and nicest to talk to authors ever! :D

Cover Thoughts:
 
Can you believe it? It's even better than the cover for Sweet Evil! I'm so very in love with the colours of the sky and the background! I love Anna's dress and who is the guy? I would say he's Kaidan but I'm not sure...And the font and symbol thingy is just perfection. Definitely one of my most favourite covers ever!
So what do YOU think of my pick this week? And what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday? :)

2 comments:

  1. Omg. Sweet Evil. Sweet Perik. Kai. *Fangirl* I seriously loved Sweet Evil and I can't wait to see what Sweet Peril has in store.
    Plus, it comes out EXACTLY four months before my birthday! Lol.

    The Teen Reader
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... I can't wait for this book to be out! (:
    love the cover too. I definitely think it's gonna be one of the tops of 2013 (I know its early in the year... but its just so pretty!)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...