Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Review: Forever My Girl - Heidi McLaughlin

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont, #1)Title: Forever My Girl (The Beaumont #1)
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Release Date: December 27th, 2012
Publisher:  Brandit Publishing Company
Genres: Adult/New Adult, Contemporary
Pages: 220
Source: Bought

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.

After ten years.

I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl.

 
 
There's simply NO WORDS to describe how beautiful this story is and how much I loved it. I actually bumped this up to my Top 5 of 2012 since I read this after I made the list BUT OH MY GOODNESS. I couldn't find any flaws and even the annoying things that would have usually annoyed me, didn't annoy me in this.
 
I'm not even going to go to the characters or the plot because it would take me forever to explain why I love them so much but all I want to say is that I never knew what was going to happen next (this surprises me since it's a contemporary and usually those are quite predictable) and all I know is that a LOT of the scenes my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. There certainly was a lot of tension, and heart-wrenching moments. I wanted to cry for all the characters, for what was never going to happen, what never did happen and how one person and their dream can change everyone close to them.
 
Such a realistic portrayal of how, sometimes, in life we don't always get what we want, or that the person who you love the most can hurt you that much. A story of broken promises, beautifully crafted chemistry, and overall such a beautiful and unforgettable must read for all contemporary lovers.
 
If I have all the time in the world, I would read this over and over again. JUST. AHHHH. I think this is my favourite contemporary. EVER.
 
I am absolutely dying for the sequel and from the ending on this book, I knew I would love it just as much as I devoured this. (If you're wondering, no, it won't be the same lead characters)
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who loved this book! This is a book that I'll definitely be reading time and time again!

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this around so much lately and can't wait to read it! Glad you loved it; beautiful review, Jana. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...