Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Thursday 17 January 2013

Review: Altered - Jennifer Rush

Altered (Altered, #1)Title: Altered (Altered #1)
Author: Jennifer Rush
Release Date: January 1st 2013
Publisher:  Little, Brown & Co
Genres: Young Adult, Thriller, Sci-fi
Pages: 336
Source: Bought

When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.
Ok, I admit. I admit that I was only interested in this book because of the cover. I mean, have you SEEN it? I may or may not have drooled over it. And I was such a happy girl when I read this book and found out that this cover is actually pretty relevant. Which is quite rare these days. *Clears throat* Anyway, I didn't have any idea about this book before starting it and am so glad I didn't because then that way I got to experience everything about its awesomeness. Ha!

There's not one hot boy in this book. Oh no. Instead, we get FOUR hot boys. I know right! I mean, what did we do to get such four sexy guys in a book together? I think Jennifer Rush may have read my mind and therefore granted my wish. Hehe.

You'd think that you would have trouble remembering which boy is which and their personalities but it was actually surprisingly easy to. Cas is my favourite and the funny one, Nick's the hot asshole, Trev's the smart one, and Sam..well, he's the boring one. I KNOW. It makes me want to cry because I don't really get why Anna is so in love with Sam and in my opinion, he's like..so boring and has no personality whatsoever. Now, give me Cas and Nick anytime. YUM.

This book is filled with very shocking twists. There were several moments when I was like 'WHAT?' or 'DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?' and each twist was really clever and well done. I would never in a million years would have guessed any of the twists in this book. There was one where I was really sad about because I just didn't really expect it and it just makes my heart hurt for all of them. :(

This book was very fast paced and filled with so much action and suspense. You'd be crazy not to read ALTERED in one go because I just couldn't put this book down. There's always something going on (but not in a way that is tooo much) and you never know which direction the author will take you in.

I feel like this kinda genre is very popular right now and there's a lot of books that has 'genetically altered' people or 'a secret organization doing secret evil stuff' but I have to say, ALTERED really stands out on its own and I highly recommend it to people who love hot boys (I mean, who doesn't??) and sci-fi thrillers.
 

1 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one and I also loved that the super hot cover fit with the book. I found Sam a little disappointing as well and Cas was definitely the best. All the boys were so wonderful as was Anna as she came out of her shell. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...