Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Early Review: The Collector - Victoria Scott

The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)Title: The Collector (Dante Walker #1)
Author: Victoria Scott
Release Date: April 2nd, 2013
Publisher:  Entangled Teen
Genres: YA, Paranormal Romance, Comedy
Pages: 400
Source: Lottery draw/for review

He makes good girls...bad.
Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big, red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal opportunity collector and doesn’t want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within 10 days.

Dante doesn’t know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky, Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect—he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector, and uncover emotions deeply buried.
 
OMG OMG OMG. I have read THE COLLECTOR. After lusting for it for months now, I finally got to read it. When I got the email, I just screamed. Yep. And my parents thought I was getting attacked. Great. But the point is, you have NO idea how much I want this book. It's one of my top most anticipated books this year and not to mention, have a buttload of expectations for it! And it passed all of my ridiculously high expectations and more!Lemme tell you know, this book will be MASSIVE. I just know it. It seriously deserves all the hype surrounding it, that's for sure!
 
Paranormal romance is still my favourite YA genre and this just had everything that I would want in that kinda book. And Victoria Scott made her story so original and so captivating! Yes, we have the Hell and Heaven. And the demons and angels. BUT. The tiny creative things sprinkled in this book just made it one of the most unique and engaging stories ever. There's not one thing I would change about it. NONE. (Which is rare, guys.)
 
DANTE. Oh my. He can make me bad any time. Jesus, he's now my top book boyfriend (sorry, Daemon!) and I just want to cry coz he's not real. He's like my dream guy. Dark hair and blue eyes with such confidence and swagger. HIS SWAGGER. *dies* He has so many layers inside of him but what I love most is that he's a cocky hottie but with a very big heart. He cares, people. I love him when he's so naughty and funny, but what I loved the most is when we see him vulnerable and sweet. Along the way, you learn that he's got a few inner demons to fight on his own, and his insecurities just made me love him even more. I didn't even know that was possible, but yeah. I also very much enjoyed his narrative. Dante's voice is so hilarious! I was laughing in almost every page!
 
And now we have the girl. Charlie Cooper. (Can I just say how much I love the name Charlie? 'Cause I do). OH I JUST LOVE YA, GIRL. There's not a character like Charlie Cooper. First, she's really, and I mean really not your typical heroine. She's not physically perfect. Far from it. She's got glasses, rubbish hair, acne, limp, wonky teeth etc. And I want to hug her since I'm SO effing tired of reading about all these other heroines being beautiful, gorgeous, perfect. Oh, and another reason to love her: she's a nerd! And she's so sweet and gullible and charming and so kind it makes my heart hurt.
 
THE COLLECTOR is filled with action, humour (lots of it) and the best part, the romance. No one has better chemistry than Dante and Charlie. I loved reading about them slowly falling in love with each other, and you just realise that no other two people would work as well as them. Like Charlie said: 'Because I see you. Even though you try so hard, I see you anyway.' EXACTLY. You know, you can take a look at my FAVES blog page at the top, I'm pretty sure you'll see their names in most of the lists. :) There was a very special scene and OMG the wait was so worth it. Did I forgot to mention that this is a hot book? Whoa! *fans self* 
 
Not only that, there's also a cast of very likeable and memorable characters. Annabelle and Blue! Max! Charlie's Grandma (who I have a crush on, by the way)! I grew to love each of these characters and I can't help but shed a tear or two when......Ok. I'll stop talking now. Don't want to give anything away.
 
Victoria Scott has definitely earned a spot in my all time favourite authors list. No doubt I would read everything that she will publish, and I just want to wish her the best since she sooooo deserves it! Her writing is just so addictive, I literally couldn't put my kindle down. I knew I was flying through this book but God help me I just couldn't stop myself! Now, if only I could read the sequel, The Liberator right now! This is part of a trilogy (Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!) but unlike other series, I was very satisfied with the ending of book one and GASP! It didn't end in an evil cliffhanger. But that doesn't mean that I'm not dying for the sequel. Because I am. A girl gotta have more Dante.
 
Oh, and Victoria, I want to hug you so much right now.
 
Love from your #1 VMafia soldier,
 
Jana (aka Dante's girlfriend, sorry Charlie!)
 
Psst. I should list why me and Dante are made to be.
- We both love the colour red. (screw purple)
- We both love bacon.
- We both hate cats.
AND...hmm I'll think of something later. :P

8 comments:

  1. Oh my god oh my god. First review of The Collector I've read! And it's amazing, Jana! I love Dante even more already by just reading your review ;)
    And *gasp* he's topped Daemon now? I HAVE TO READ THIS ASAP.
    It's awesome that the book ends well :D
    And Charlie sounds epic too! So desperate for this now <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crossing my fingers for you! :) I hope you get to read it soon so we can gush about it!! <3 Thanks, Richa! :D

      Delete
  2. What an awesome review, Jana! I pre-ordered my copy so I'm going to have to wait until April, but I'm salivating for this book now. Color me jealous that you got an early copy, but I'm excited that I have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an amazing review! This was one of my top anticipated books of 2013, and I am so excited that you loved it. I will be pre-ordering this and counting down the days until it comes out. Dante seems amazing, and I am glad that Charlie isn't a typical heroine. I am glad that this is a hot book... WOOOHOOO! Can't waitttt!

    Fellow V Mafia member,

    Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god I'm so jealous of you right now. I'm dying to read THE COLLECTOR and your review about made go crazy.
    And Dante.... Oh Dante, I just love him.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you've made me even more excited to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to squee with you! So excited to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually wasn't so sure about this one, but your review definitely made me want to read it! It sounds so amazing. :) I'm glad that you really enjoyed it! Thanks for the review. :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...