Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (32)

INVISIBILITY
by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan


Invisibility


May 7th 2013
~ Philomel/Penguin ~

Stephen has been invisible for practically his whole life — because of a curse his grandfather, a powerful cursecaster, bestowed on Stephen’s mother before Stephen was born. So when Elizabeth moves to Stephen’s NYC apartment building from Minnesota, no one is more surprised than he is that she can see him. A budding romance ensues, and when Stephen confides in Elizabeth about his predicament, the two of them decide to dive headfirst into the secret world of cursecasters and spellseekers to figure out a way to break the curse. But things don’t go as planned, especially when Stephen’s grandfather arrives in town, taking his anger out on everyone he sees. In the end, Elizabeth and Stephen must decide how big of a sacrifice they’re willing to make for Stephen to become visible — because the answer could mean the difference between life and death. At least for Elizabeth.
Add to Goodreads


Andrea Cremer! I love her writing! And I love her books (except for Bloodrose - I'm Team Ren!!!) but other than that, her books are some of my favourites. I find it funny that I like her side characters better than the main ones *coughCallacoughShaycough* and I can't wait to read this. I haven't read anything of David Levithan though
I don't like the title, I think it's just too simple and boring. They changed it from The Invisibility Curse. Hmmm 

Cover Thoughts: 
 
I love the way the title and the authors' names are layed out. And the colour scheme is very different and bright - it will stand out from the other YA books out there. And the fact that the guy is almost invisible and it clearly hints at the story. I like that the two main characters are hugging.  

4 comments:

  1. Lol this was my WoW a couple of weeks ago! I love Andrea Cremer and I can't wait to read more from her. I'm not a huge fan of Every Day by David Levithan, but his writing is amazing and I have no doubt that this book will be, too :D
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds fantastic! I can't wait to see how these two authors writing styles mesh together. I'm hoping it'll be a good mix! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this sounds interesting. I agree that the title does sound boring, but I can see that it gets straight to the point...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! Especially since it's written by two incredible authors! xD

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...