Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Monday 23 July 2012

Review: Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)Title: Sweet Evil
Author: Wendy Higgins
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Release Date: May 1st 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 447
Source: Bought

Embrace the Forbidden.

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

This. THIS book is why I love paranormal. Why it's still my favourite ever genre and why I'm still a bit obsessed with it. This debut by Wendy Higgins is a must read for any YA paranormal fan, and angel stories (a fun, original take, that is!) and if you luuurve British boys. I mean, who doesn't?

The angel/demon aspect is definitely something I haven't read about before, and I thought it was very creative and unique! I love the whole idea of the Seven Sins (lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride) and that each demon is specialized in one of the sins. One of the best scenes was learning more about each Duke and their sons/daughters. I also became invested in  everyone in this book. Anna, Kaidan and all the characters they meet along their journey! Anna's dad too, lol! 

Kaidan. SIGH. He's British, plays in a band(!) and oh so sexy! He is probably one of my favourite ever bad boys! Right up there in the top with Daemon, Jace, Patch etc. He's also the son of the Duke of Lust. Major WIN!!! Anyway, his chemistry with Anna was just SO HOT! Guys, if you're like me, and you adore romance in your books, then I think Sweet Evil won't disappoint! Anna the MC was already great, and I love the fact that she's a good girl. Like me! Oh, but one thing I didn't appreciate about her was her crying. It's like she was always crying. Suck it up girl!

The ending was really sad :( because I didn't get what I wanted but I'm hoping the situations will get better in the sequel! THERE HAS TO BE A SEQUEL. PLEASE! 

Oh and can I just say I love the cover? I love how it highlights the dark and the light feel of the book! I couldn't imagine a more perfect cover than this one! 

This is definitely one of my favourite debuts of 2012, and I am begging the publishers to publish the sequel! I love love love this!!





2 comments:

  1. Kaidan. *fans-self* Guys in paranormals are just... *swoons*
    Really glad you liked this book!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with your review. Kaidan.. Oh Kaidan. He is definitley one of my favorite guys in YA. That romance was VERY swoonworthy.
    And just the book overall was great! Wendy said that she's having problems getting the sequel published with her publisher, but hopefully they'll get it out soon! Because I seriously can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...