Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Tuesday 1 May 2012

I LOVE Chase Gamble! (Tempting The Best Man)

Hey guys! I think most of you know how much I love Jennifer L. Armentrout (or J. Lynn) and trust me, YOU want to read her adult contemporary romance.  


Here's the character profile of Chase Gamble, the smoking HOTTT love interest in TTBM! And surely after reading this, you too will fall in love with him! But hands off - he's mine already, sorry Maddie ;)


Name: Chase Gamble

Family: Youngest brother of two siblings: Chandler Gamble (oldest) and Chad Gamble (middle).

Bio: Known as the business savvy one of the Gamble brood, he owns and operates several upscale nightclubs in the Washington DC metro area and surrounding cities, like his father before him. His best friend is Mitchell Daniels, older brother to Madison Daniels, who he affectionately and annoyingly calls Maddie.  Chase isn’t as serious as his eldest brother and known to be quite playful when he wants to be, but he has a demanding personality outside the bedroom and inside it. Okay, he can be really demanding when it comes to activities of the fun and naughty kind.

Physical Stats: Dark, wavy hair that probably could use a haircut. He comes in at a whopping 6’3 feet and has the muscles to show for all the gym time he puts in. Madison once described his stomach looking like, “someone placed paint rollers under his skin.”  Chase puts the “oo” in drool.

Likes: Chicken. Steak. Rock Music. Being naked. Sex. Starting a business from scratch. Chase refused to take over his father’s clubs, wanting to prove to himself that he could be just as successful. He also likes having control, which is way he has such a field day with Maddie. No matter what he does, he can’t control her or his own hormones when it comes to his best friend’s little sister.

Dislikes: His father. Anyone messing with Maddie. All right, any guy even looking in Maddie’s direction. Fine. He doesn’t even like it when a guy is breathing the same air as she.

Favorite Quote:  “Women are made to be loved, not understood.” -  Oscar Wilde  

So what'd you think of THAT? Sounds like your perfect man, right? *sigh*
Also, below's my review of TTBM that was posted last week, I think! :) 


Author: J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 24th 2012
Publisher: Entangled - Indulgence
Pages: 179
Source: Bought (Kindle)

Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first…
Holy cow. This book was just oh so amazing! AND HOT!!! I don't really know how to start this review and I will warn you that sometimes what I'm typing wouldn't even make sense and stuff 'coz of the whole gushing thing, but here goes: 
 
I love how even though this book was short, just under 180 pages, it still felt whole. It still felt COMPLETE. I still connected with both of the main characters. Also, this is an adult contemporary, and since Jennifer's other series Covenant and Lux is YA paranormal, I really wanted to see if she could do contemporary aswell. After reading = ummm HELL YES! This woman could write about anything and it could still be freaking awesome! Don't believe me? Well, read on...


At first I was a bit wary when I saw this was written in third person and in both POVs but after reading it I can say that I shouldn't have; Jennifer clearly knows what she's doing. I love reading about both character's perspectives  Can I just say how much I love this cast of characters? Maddie and Chase, Chase's brothers, Mitch and Lissa, her parents, her friend at work Bridget and the others! All of them has very distinct personalities and all shone through the page when they were on it.


I think many people would be able to relate a LOT to Maddie. We all know that one girl who has had a crush on/fallen in love with her brother's best friend. I also love the setting of this whole novel, which revolves around her brother's wedding. I really adored Maddie. Guys, she is hilarious! Actually, this whole book had me laughing out loud countless times. The bit about the tires and her dad, her friend at work Bridget, Chase and Maddie getting locked in the cellar- was just a few of the most funny scenes!


Now, you can't have me write a review and not mention the hot guy at all. Did I mention he's HOT? Dear me, I still feel like fanning myself whenever I think back to this book. Chase is like my dream guy, I love him so much (NOT as much as Daemon obviously, but pretty darn close). He's got that bad boy thing going on, but underneath all that hard exterior, he's so sweet and caring inside. Well, I won't deny that there were times during the book when I wanted to kick some sense into him, but even then I still found myself rooting for him and Maddie to finally be together.  


Their chemistry. Whoa. 
The scenes are smoking hot, people!!! The bit at the nightclub, the cellar and the cabin -  GUYS I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. There is adult content in here, but since I don't really listen, I decided that I would read it. And holy hell am I glad. I was giggling like a schoolgirl (well, yeah, I AM one) during the naughty bits lol. I couldn't put this book down; read it in one sitting. YEAH LIKE MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ IT. 

I've already heard that a lot of people want to see more of the other older Gamble brothers, Chad and Chandler, and I can't even complain. Please Jennifer, we NEED some more of  these two very smexy brothers !! ;) I've said this before, and I WILL say it again. I will read anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Or J. Lynn, in this case. 



I would recommend this to ALL older readers/adults, but since I'm 16 and I read it, well I think I should just keep my mouth shut.

  


If you love Chase Gamble from Tempting the Best Man, please tweet about him and use the hashtag #HeroWars and @authorjlynn.

 

1 comments:

  1. This book ROCKS for sure! Great review.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...