Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Review: Unraveling Isobel - Eileen Cook

Author: Eileen Cook
Release Date: January 3rd 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 304
Source: Bought

Isobel’s life is falling apart. Her mom just married some guy she met on the internet only three months before, and is moving them to his sprawling, gothic mansion off the coast of nowhere. Goodbye, best friend. Goodbye, social life. Hello, icky new stepfather, crunchy granola town, and unbelievably good-looking, officially off-limits stepbrother. 
But on her first night in her new home, Isobel starts to fear that it isn’t only her life that’s unraveling—her sanity might be giving way too. Because either Isobel is losing her mind, just like her artist father did before her, or she’s seeing ghosts. Either way, Isobel’s fast on her way to being the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons.
I've heard quite a lot of mixed reviews about this. But since I love mystery and suspense thrillers, I thought I would give this a try. I'm so glad I did.

I found myself relating to Isobel. She was just so homesick and wants nothing than to go home and back to her old friends. I felt so sorry for her - you would be too if you have a stepfather like Dick. Dick is a dick, plain and simple. I hated him SO much and I thought her mother was so stupid to go and marry some guy like him. He gives me the creeps. Ewww.

I'm really interested in romances where the guy is like their stepbrother or something. (Don't ask me why - I just do), so I really liked her blossoming romance with Nate. Though, I felt like things went quite smooth for them and really quick as well.

There were a few things that I guessed and assumed correctly - which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I would have preferred this massive bomb climax thingy where the ending blows my mind, but some things were just so predictable. Still fun though.

This isn't anything special, but still worth the read if you like mystery thrillers, sweet romance and suspense.  



 ::: Sorry for the short review, it's just that I've read this quite a while ago and can't seem to remember what else I need to put :::

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...